At Spiideo, we are revolutionizing the sports video recording, analysis, and streaming process for professional and amateur teams around the world.
Spiideo is the leading provider of AI-augmented, cloud-based solutions for video analysis and streaming of sports. With a unique set-up of cameras, an entirely new way of recording, processing, sharing, and analyzing sports performance as well as producing sports for streaming, Spiideo has a unique position in the market.
Our solution strikes the perfect balance between performance, simplicity, and accessibility.
Today Spiideo is used by thousands of teams globally, including some of the world’s largest and most well-known professional and collegiate teams. Our customers can typically be found in team sports like soccer, basketball, ice hockey, field hockey, futsal, lacrosse, etc.
About the role
We’re now looking for a tech lead for one of our core areas, Ingestion. The area includes all software components needed to capture customer video and get it into our cloud backend. You will be part of setting the strategy and roadmap, together with our CTO, for the area making sure we’re delivering the best possible experience for our customers. Part of the responsibility is to develop a device management system for managing our extensive fleet of camera systems installed.
You’ll be a brilliant fit if you also have experience with network protocol and cloud computing.
A brief overview of what you will be doing at Spiideo:
You will be a key contributor to our API and data ingestion platform, ensuring that it keeps scaling smoothly as we rapidly add more users and features. You will be given a lot of responsibility for evolving the infrastructure and picking the right tools for the job.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drive technical and architectural discussion for the camera application.
- Own the architecture and document it.
- Optimize the protocols and delivery mechanism to minimize latency for live footage.
- Develop our device management system controlling and maintaining our fleet of thousands of installed cameras.
- To always have long-term company goals in mind when designing and setting architecture.
- To collaborate with other tech leads to determine the best solution for our product features when spreading across multiple components.
- Act as a sounding board to the product owners when designing new product features in the roadmap.
- See systems operability in daily work and identify things we need to improve to scale our product.
- Have close collaboration with Spiideo CTO.
- Create a system design that tailors for modern development and has several dimension in consideration (cost, stability, innovation, and growth)
You should join us if you:
- Several years of experience as an SW developer proficient in C/C++ and/or Rust.
- Have strong competence in network protocols.
- Have a passion for DevOps and constantly will work to improve our system
- Are passionate about working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Are fluent in English (read, speak, write)
- Have the ability to work independent
- Have analytical skills and knowledge on how to follow up on results
Where will you work?
We have a healthy mix of being at our office in the city center of Malmö and remote work.
What we can offer you
- Being part of a fast-growing sports tech startup with a global footprint
- Being part of a fun, skilled & highly motivated team that brings experience from world-leading companies
- We want to prioritize your learning through feedback, tools, or whatever you need to accelerate your skills & career
- An opportunity to shape your career development. The more responsibility you want to take, the more you will get
- Experience working with the latest, modern technology & tools
- Working with some of the biggest teams in sports from all over the world
How to apply
In this recruitment we have an ongoing selection so please send your CV and cover letter by mail already today to Roger Jansson, VP of Development and Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org